Saturday, April 20, 2013

Meg, Joey, and Noodle vs. Asheville - Part I - Knoxville

I mentioned a bit ago that we recently left on a quest to hole ourselves up in the mountains of North Carolina, well, would you like to take a peak into our adventure?


We hit the road early on a Friday morning and headed East.  We decided we really wanted to be able to take a trip with our lovelies, Darla and Noodle, however, neither had been on a long trip before, and we weren't sure how it would go, so we choose to take just Noodle (sorry Darla!) since she's a lot more chill inside a car.  It turned out to be an amazing experience having her with us!

 The Noodle-Doodle chillin' in her backseat "lounge".  Just coming up front to quietly say "hello".

 Lunch at "House of Gyros" on the road.  Joey with the gyro and I with the Falafel... tasty!!!  Also, we way underestimated the portions they would give us.  Excellent for a sit-down meal... tricky for the road.

Our first stop was Knoxville where Joey's sister, Jeannie, and her family live.  We couldn't WAIT to start off our trip hanging out with them!  We *LOVE* being an Aunt and Uncle, so being able to hang out with our nephew and niece is always exciting and always entertaining ;).

We had dinner with the family Friday night and were able to just hang out and enjoy one another.  Brian, Jeannie's husband, and I made secret plans to have a D&D night and are crossing our fingers that Joey and Jeannie won't make fun of us the whole time when we do.  The next day, we hung out with Jeannie, Jeremy (our nephew), and Violet (our niece and god-daughter).  We took a walk around their neighborhood (lovely!) and then chilled out for some backyard fun before we headed onward...

 Violet rocking her "Don't Look Now" coat ...
That kid is so stinkin' cute!

 Apparently I've mysteriously lost pictures of our walk around the neighborhood which had some awesome family shots... I'm going to have to investigate that more.  Anyway, I did find a picture with Jeannie showing the kids how to properly wield a bat.

 A boy and his crooked-faced dog... love!

Jeremy -- a train and NASCAR enthusiast and all around super cool kid...
"A boy and his nerf gun"

 Noodle made a friend, and Violet made sure to mediate the introductions :)

Jeremy was even cool enough to take a couple of pictures of Joey, Noodle, and I.  Photographer in the making...
 Although not the picture he was looking for, I do like this shot...

Jeannie shot ;)


 After lunch in Knoxville, it was onward to Asheville!
Next post = Our little Cabin and Asheville :)
Now, to search for those missing pictures... hmmmmm...










3 comments:

Jeannie said...

This is great, Megan! Thanks so much for posting these pics - and I had no idea you had a new blog! Yay!

Meg Travis-Carr said...

Thanks, Jeannie! And no problem! I'll definitely get all of the pictures to you somehow, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to half of them that are missing :(... oh well. As far as the new blog is concerned, I missed blogging and I felt like I needed a fresh start with a clean slate, so I started this one. We'll see where it goes... ;)

Dani C said...

Soooo cuuuute!!!