Sunday, April 07, 2013

MFW recap...

Whew, this weekend was a whirlwind of point A to point B, figuring out where I needed to be and what needed to be done in order for the fashion show to go as planned.  Obviously I was a minor character in the big scheme of things, but I definitely didn't want to be the minor character who botched her part of the whole performance!  I had to walk down the runway with one of the models displaying my outfits, and the whole time, in my head, I was thinking to myself, "Stand up straight, don't smile like a doofus (I do this often), don't trip and fall off the runway, .... slow down, you're going too fast...", and so on.  In my mind, I was imagining myself somehow exiting onto the runway in a Kramer-esque entrance, but I think I pulled it off ok :)

It was insanely cool to be behind the scenes, observing every little inch of collaboration amongst so many different varieties of people.  To be a part of it and to meet so many new and talented people was such a gift.  To be invited into such a colorful and eclectic world with so many ambitious, creative people felt like a gateway back into a lost lifetime of projects and art-making... THIS. FELT. GOOD...

Here's a peek into the events of the weekend.  Most of the pictures I think I'm going to have to find from photographs taken from the event, due to the difficulty of getting a good shot in (it was *crowded*)...

Left Photo: Models, with EMDP garments on and ready to walk, mingling before the start of the show. The model to the left of my picture, wearing the white blouse is wearing my blouse and skirt outfit.  I haven't been able to catch a better picture of that one yet.  
Right Photo: Joey and Dani, my sis-in-law, with their tickets, coming into the show.  Joey looked particularly dapper Friday night ;)

My awesome group of family and friends waiting for the show to start. Love you guys!




 My blouse and skirt design...


My green tunic and pants walking down the runway. Peyton, the model, was very cool and told me that she loved the pants and that they were super comfortable (hooray!).  I wanted to fist-bump her before we walked down the runway, but she was busy concentrating on the job at hand. OH well.

Some fierce observing from the crowd...

There is definitely more to see from the show than what I have, so, when I get more, I will share it then.  In the meantime, Joey, being the amazing man that he is was a *total* hunk of a supporting husband.  He was completely out of his element (I felt out of mine!), but was there to constantly support me, and, of course, as best friends always do, have a good time...

Joey and I taking fashion week for a Carr ride...

p.s. - check out my business cards that I made before the event!  Any that I passed out were hand-written, however, I want to get a new ribbon for my type-writer and type out the info for future cards...





Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!










No comments: