Monday, June 02, 2014

The MC - Day 2 and 3

Alright, alright, alright... we're blowin' and goin' over here in cleanse-town.  This part of the year is my personal preference for doing a cleanse as I feel hungry less when it's warm outside, plus... it's warm and sunny, there's always things to go do outside to help distract from wanting to snack and eat a lot.  During the winter, that's exactly what I want to do... eat a lot.  The downside to cleansing during the summer is that there's a lot of amazing stuff going on and it's a pretty busy time of year.  This is both good and bad.  Good in that your days are full and exciting, Bad, no Challenging, because you're usually surrounded by delicious grilled foods and drinks and social events with eating and drinking, and because you have to plan accordingly to fit all of those things in.  The past couple of days has been no exception to this Summertime dilemma.



Day 2:

Day 2 started off well.  Upon waking up, I made myself my first Salt-water Flush (2 tsp. of sea salt mixed with 32 oz. of warm water).  The SWF has never been my favorite part of the clean, but then again, it's a challenge, so down went the salty water mix.  It helps to think of the drink as a salty broth.  I'm just not that into saltiness, so here again, this bits a challenge for me.

Thirty minutes to an hour or so after finishing the drink, I began to feel a gurgle in my stomach, the mixture brewing in my guttyworks.  This part is important, as it's helping to really work out any waste just sitting around in the colon mucking up our systems and potentially creating more dangerous problems down the road.  After I let my gurgling stomach brew for a bit, I went to the restroom to relieve myself and whooooooosh, that's that.  One BIG tip:  AT NO TIME DURING THIS PORTION OF THE CLEANSE SHOULD YOU FART.  YOU WOULD HAVE A DISASTER IN YOUR PANTS WHICH WOULD REQUIRE YEARS OF MOVING FAR AWAY FROM HOME AND HAVING TO RECREATE A NEW IDENTITY IN ORDER TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND FIND A NEW FAMILY WHO WILL LOVE YOU AGAIN.

The rest of the day went as per usual.  I drank approximately 6 glasses of the lemonade drink.  My friend, Stacey came over and we threw around some ideas for projects that we would like to do and then I headed on to a bachelorette party that I was attending later that evening.  The bachelorette party was a lot of fun, but here again, it becomes difficult with socializing.  However, playing drinking games with the rest of the gals and taking swigs of your lemonade instead of shots of tequila is definitely one way to make sure you drink the sufficient amount for the day AND it doesn't leave you with a hangover! Let's play drinking games every night!

At the end Day 2 I had a bit of a headache, however I drank my nightly smooth move tea, and hit the hay.

Day 3:

On Day 3 I skipped the SWF because Joey and I had my friend, Deidre's wedding to attend at noon and I didn't want to risk putting myself in a precarious situation.  So, I made up my drank for the day and we headed out to the chapel.

The wedding was beautiful and so were the bride and groom!


The rest of the day Joey and I enjoyed together, relaxing and catching up on Mad Men and then watching David Gordon Green's latest film, Joe, which was a beautiful return to the familiar world's and characters in his first film's.  Joe was an intense and impressive film with simple storytelling involving complex and dynamic characters. In his characters depth is where I've always found my love for David Gorden Green's film's and the stories within them and through Tim Orr's cinematography his movie's become Art. It was a beautiful Saturday night.

At the end of the night, my headache returned, plus, earlier in the day, I started my cycle, so I drank my tea and put myself to bed in order to relieve myself of both headache and cramps.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the cleanse or anything else!  Talk to you soon!



No comments: