Monday, May 06, 2013

Meg, Joey, and Noodle vs. Asheville - Part III - Asheville and the mountains...

So, I've realized that I'm not very good at getting these posts out in a timely fashion.  I think it's because I know that I've got to wait for ALL of the pictures to upload (I know... life is so hard in 2013).  Anyway, here's the round of pics from the rest of our trip into the city of Asheville and our adventures in the surrounding areas (here comes an onslaught of pictures)...


The city of Asheville:

 

 A little Asheville girl came up and got fresh with me...


 Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate...


 Giant Iron!

 Giant Door!


 My outfit that I wore on our first trip into Asheville.  I got TWO really nice compliments on it, so I figured I would document it for future, hopefully equally successful, outings.

Wine and Conversation...



The Biltmore:

 We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so we weren't able to capture images from the coolest parts of the tour, like the basement, where the servants ran the operations of the ginormous house from everything such as cooking, laundry, and serving, to assisting in the Vanderbilt's personal indoor gym/indoor pool and bowling alley (crazy!).


A crawfish friend we found easing his way down the waterfall...


Chimney Rock:





The never-ending staircase... this was the finish line...









Do you see the lizard?




 Yeah, I ran into Daniel Day Lewis on the mountain...

 Butt shot ;)

 I want to perch with these people...


The Great Wilderness Trail (for kids of all ages...):

 Brady the Groundhog...

 Sleeping Possum... or is it?


 Giant SPIDER!!!

Noodle made a Salamander friend :D


Note to self: Quit posing like an idiot... it's not as funny as I might imagine... even though I did momentarily transport myself into the "Neverending Story"...




The Four Season's Trail:


Screech Owl House




 Can anyone identify this plant for me?  Just curious...




Next up, Black Mountain and one last stroll through Asheville!




1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I could have lived a thousand lives without seeing a butt shot of my brother. Thanks, Megan. Thanks.

You got some amazing photos - I am really glad you both had such a good time!