Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Meg, Joey, and Noodle vs. Asheville - Part IV - Asheville, Black Mountain, aaannnnddd...... St. Louis!

Ok, LAST leg of this adventure... I promise :).  During the downhill slope of our Spring Break trip, we went into Asheville a couple more times to cruise the neighborhoods, walk around and become familiar with downtown, and check out some awesome eats!  We also went to explore Black Mountain, a small town near Asheville, and cozied up to our area near our little cabin a bit more for good measure.

Driving into Chimney Rock (the town):


 Breakfast at Ginny's Family Restaurant

 BEST.BLACKBERRY COBBLER.EVER.

Checking out the town's "backyard"...



Pet friendly towns are the best towns...


Antiquing...

 Local Plant Nursery in Black Mountain...

 WITH A BUNNY!!!



 I'm pretty much smitten with this area of the country...


Noodle Love:


A dog and her boy...


Asheville loves chocolate:





Dinner at Tupelo Honey Cafe:


 Fried grits "appetizer" with siracha sauce....

 Veggie Burger with a "side" of fried okra!!!

Chess on the street...

One last hike; just the Doodle and I...
 


We found the magical mystery tour...







 Headed back home.  We stopped in Nashville so that Joey could participate in our friend Greg's bachelor party.  Noodle and I got a night to ourselves, and Joey and the guys did what they do best, drank whiskey and caused a ruckus ;) ...





After jumping from Joey and I's vehicle and into my brother's car, I was off to St. Louis to meet my brand spanking new nephew, Max!!!


My beautiful sister, Lindsey, and beautiful little Max...



Bowe with a baby.

The GusBuster!!! Big Brother of the year!

Aaannnd, this is how Gus and I have fun... Gus with the camera and me acting like a clown while my mom walks by oblivious to our hilarity... good times!!! Love you Gustopher!!!

Thanks for checking out our adventure!  It was an amazing trip and one that I would highly recommend for anyone.  I daydream about it pretty regularly.

Here's an updated picture of little Maxwell man...

Such a handsome little fellow!!!


I'll work on brevity for future "adventure" posts... unless, of course, you liked all of the pictures? What do you think?

Happy Trails!



2 comments:

Dani C said...

Loved the pictures!! I liked how thorough it was.

Meg Travis-Carr said...

Thanks, Dani! I'll keep the "adventure" posts thorough, then. Let me know if it gets to be too much, though!