Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Before, After, meanwhile...

Forever ago, I posted about a class on Skillshare that I was taking during a far too busy time in my schedule (at least I probably should not have been worrying about this kind of frivolity).  Due to the fact that I was so busy, I could not properly keep up with the homework, though I thoroughly enjoyed the class.  It was one of those happy projects mixed in with several other big projects that kept me going and sane during a big grind.  After all, happy is important and just as important as important, right?

I never completed the class entirely (at least on my end), but since then, as I've found the time, I've worked in the extra "homework" on my own time.  So, here's one of the assignments from the class...

The Console:

Before...



After...


It could still use a little bit of work... but it's getting there.

Meanwhile...


Meanwhile, I've been rearranging the apartment like a mad ant creating the perfect ant hill.  I'm determined to make a work space... and so far it's working.  The shot of the closet is proof of the first step.  

Pairing down and consolidating is the name of the game, so my first objective was to combine Joey and I's clothes into one closet, instead of spread out around the apartment like they had been.  This closet used to be a supply closet, but then it turned into a crazy nightmare because it simply could not hold all of the supplies and art projects that Joey and I both have.  It was silly to think that it would.  Once, while trying to work on a project for work (our computer used to reside there), the closet literally caved in on me and I had to crawl out of the mess.  Therefore, I'm creating a solution...

A solution that will allow me to do more of this...

Artwork. 

 Sadly, I don't have any recent artwork that I've been working on.  I was scrolling through my pictures thinking that surely there was some doodle, at least, to use as an example to represent my illustration, painting, collaging, or something... but there was really nothing.  This laptop has not seen A SINGLE piece of new artwork since we bought it close to a year ago.  That needs to be remedied, so put it on the list at #1 of Studio/Workroom activities.

This...


Sneaky Snake

This (the pom bottle) to this...

Before...



After...


Recycled plastic vessel into pretty bud vase.

AND this...


Although I love having Darla as a work partner, a bed as a desk does not properly suit laptop, scanner, and printer.  Neither does the coffee table or the kitchen table properly conduct themselves as a workspace for Art, Sewing, and Crafting projects.  It's time to get organized and get working (properly) over here.  If Joey and I are going to be creating and working properly, then we don't need to set ourselves up for failure by having a dysfunctional space.

So... that's what's happening in the meantime...


What do you guys think about the console makeover?


Happy Wednesday!  See you Friday!

4 comments:

Dani C said...

You are SO impressive! It is all starting to look so beautiful and I love your sock snake.

Meg Travis-Carr said...

Thanks, Dani!!! Do you have any leggings or socks that you don't use anymore? You too could have a sneaky snake friend! :D

Dani C said...

Why indeed I might! Let me look!

Jeannie said...

This looks amazing, Meghan! You are doing a great job. That Pom bottle killed me. You are so creative!