Monday, June 17, 2013

National Geographic...

National Geographic Magazines are magical.  Open the cover and you have countless windows to peer through into unknown worlds or even windows of insight into our own, familiar surroundings.  Stunning photographs document and archive our play and toil, our existence, science and the environment, and our fellow animals that inhabit the earth with us.  The intimacy of each window through which we peer is astounding and unbiased, giving us a clear perspective of the world from the view of an outsider, explorer/investigator, or, a curious being.  In other words, each magazine represents a small representative of a larger, more comprehensive time capsule of the world.

I'm often so enamored with a particular picture that I've found from National Geographic, that I revisit it over and over, as I'm sure that many people have.  Chosen pictures have been revisited so many times that I've carefully chosen them from an already battered copy and cut them out to display around the house so that I may visit them everyday.  Other photographs that I love have been saved by the good condition of the magazine, and they sit, wonderfully preserved in their archives, to be viewed and visited on special occasions.

So, when I stumbled across National Geographic's Tumblr site, I found myself lost and mesmerized once again, by the mystery that is life on planet Earth.  Take a look...























Still curious? Want to keep exploring?  Then just click here.  

You're welcome.


Happy Monday!





4 comments:

Jeannie said...

This is awesome. Thanks for locating more ways for me to waste time!! :)

Meg Travis-Carr said...

No prob, bob! It's what I do best! ;)

Dani C said...

Those are awesome! I love the one with the woman and the cat at the restaurant. I feel like I peered into my future (and it was better than I could have imagined).

Meg Travis-Carr said...

I know! I love the way that National Geopgraphic's photagraphers' always capture ordinary life from an unordinary perspective. Just moving in a little bit closer (or a little bit farther) from an everyday event completely changes the way we perceive life.