Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Research...

This Friday is a good Friday.

I've got a lot on my mind.  A lot of research to do.  So bear with me if I come at you with a lot to think about...

Research... feels good.

For my research, I'm currently mixing the two books "Zoobiquity" and "Some we Love, Some we Hate, Some we Eat", to create a sort of "literary double feature" and I have to say that the outcome thus far is fascinating and has left me hungry for more.

I'm thinking that my next pairing will be "Animal Factory" and "The Moral Lives of Animals", or, "The Moral Lives of Animals" and "Brutal: Manhood and the Exploitation of Animals".  If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them!

For a summer read (long live book club discussions!), I'm reading "Ishmael", by Daniel Quinn, with Joey and my friend Garre.  Although it's "for pleasure", it feels like it is sharpening my awareness while enhancing my ability to make connections in my research.  I absolutely cannot wait to drink this one up and share it with you.

In the meantime, I hope you have a most excellent Friday!

I want to leave you with a few goodies to enjoy over the weekend...

Amanda Palmer on connecting the dots...
PLEASE be patient with this and stick with it through it's entirety.  It's a FANTASTIC speech and I think it's extremely important for everyone, especially artists and writers.



And, finally, 5 movies that are on my movie list.  They are all possible "double feature" picks...

Which do you think would pair well with one another?

The Real Dirt on Farmer John


King Corn


Tapped


Garbage Warrior


Dirt: The Movie




Also, if you have any recommendations of books or movies to add to the book or movie list, let me know!  I love watching my lists grow.

Happy Weekend!




No comments: